The Arts Education program of the Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission provides access to and engagement in, arts learning experiences for residents of all ages in the greater Sacramento region. The program does this by providing resources and collaborative partnership opportunities for arts organizations, social service and community organizations, schools, teaching artists, and educators to develop educational programming.
The Arts Education Program:
- Facilitates collaborations between the arts community and public and private organizations, to develop educational programming in all the performing, visual and literary arts.
- Advocates for regular arts learning activities in schools and neighborhood settings for all ages.
- Creates model arts teaching programs for replication across the region.
- Provides connections and support to artists, educators, and arts organizations working in educational and community settings.
The Arts Education Program includes:
- Model Arts Programs and
Community Arts Program (CAP)
Read more about CAP and Model Arts Programs.
- Professional Development for Teaching Artists
Read more about the Teaching Artist Workshop Series (TAWS) and other professional development workshops.
- Arts Education Resource Directory
Read more about the Arts Education Resources Directory.
- Other Programs & Resources
Read about other programs, arts education resources, and research.