Press and media
January - February - March - April - May - June - July - August
January - February - March - April - May - June - July - August - September - October - November - December
SMAC IN THE NEWS
- Video interview. "Name The Docks." Good Day Sacramento. May 28, 2019.
- Cathey, Thomas. "SMUD Facility Brings Faculty Work Together in Group Show." The American River Current. May 15, 2019.
- Wilser, Jeff. "Getting Creative: Sacramento's Creative Edge Plan Aims to Make the City More Desirable and Spur the Economy." Comstocks Magazine. May 14, 2019.
- Rajaee, Shirin. "UK Artist Brings Bright Idea to Sacramento Waterfront." CBS13 News. February 12, 2019.
- Wallace, Maya. "Investing in the arts is good for business." Sacramento News and Review. January 31, 2019.
- Rhee, Foon. "Seeking Cultural Equity: Arts leaders talk diversity and inclusion." Sacramento News and Review. January 24, 2019.
- Weitzel, Wendy. "Davis Arts Alliance views ways to respond to community trauma." Daily Democrat. January 22, 2019.
- Moleski, Vincent. "This e-waste art gallery bridges the gap between industry and ecology." The Sacramento Bee. December 14, 2018.
- Morrar, Sarah. "County Schools 'starved' of arts just got a $1 million grant - and a vow to restore programs." The Sacramento Bee. December 11, 2018.
- Moffitt, Bob. "Commission Approves Million-Dollar Art Project for Sacramento Convention Center." Capitol Public Radio. October 8, 2018.
- Holzer, Hannah. "Fairytale Town preparing to celebrate its first new playset in over two decades." The Sacramento Bee. August 25, 2018
- Turner, Rob. "The Shapes of Water." Sactown Magazine. August 2nd, 2018.
- Rockeman, Olivia. "Recreating Sacramento's arts economy." Sacramento Business Journal. July 19, 2018
- Carnes, Aaron. "Maya Wallace, art commissioner for Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission." Sacramento News and Review. July 13, 2018
- Dickman, Cassie. "Iconic Tower Records mural in downtown is getting a little love." The Sacramento Bee. July 10, 2018
- Lillis, Ryan. "Schools have 'starved the arts,' Sacramento mayor says. Here's his solution." The Sacramento Bee. May 16, 2018
- KCRA. "Sacramento Philharmonic Orchestra Connects Musics with Students." KCRA. May 1, 2018.
- Laskey, Jessica. "Unstoppable Artist." Sacramento Magazine. March 2, 2018.
- Bizjak, Tony. "Here's the 'artful' way Sacramento is covering bad paint jobs on light rail trains." The Sacramento Bee. February 12, 2018
- Fletcher, Ed. “This shimmering artwork is a sight to behold along the Sacramento River.” Sacramento Bee. December 28, 2017.
- Venema, Jordan. “Dot Marks the Spot: Mapping Where People Would Like to See Public Art.” Inside Publications (The Grid), June 2017, p. 20.
- Moffitt, Bob. “Council presents wish list to Sacramento City Manager." Capitol Public Radio, May 2017.
- Garcia, Cassandra. “English Prof wins Public Art Contest; Jeff Knorr’s Poem will grace downtown river walk." SacCityExpress.com, May 2017.
- Allison, Katya. “Taking an Ordinary Utility Box and Creating Art." PostModern Marketing, May 2017.
- Koscho, Craig. "Sac State animated art delights Golden 1 visitors." Sacramento State News. April, 27, 2017.
- Amnah, Hilary. "Strategies for Change Leaders." ARTSBLOG, Americans for the Arts. April 21, 2017.
- Rine, Jessica. "The Sacramento Mural Festival will return with a splashy new name and grander plans." Sactown Magazine, April 12, 2017.
- Pierleoni, Allen. "Having difficulty finding the right words? Poetry can help, says Indigo Moor." Sacramento Bee, April 7, 2017.